“We’ve been innovative to provide a much better pathology service for our patients. We’re not going to stop there . . . our vision is that pathology really is the heart of a patient’s diagnosis.”
– Dr. Sylvia Asa
Recently, Dr. Sylvia Asa, Medical Director of UHN’s Laboratory Medicine Program (LMP), addressed the question, “How can we harness innovation to transform medical diagnostics?” at a TEDx event.
In her talk, Asa spoke about why her team is looking at new and innovative ways to ensure that:
- every patient has the right diagnosis
- clinicians understand their patients’ prognosis
- pathologists predict the right treatment for each patient
Learn how LMP’s industry-leading ‘system change’ is:
- creating new, more flexible staffing models of pathologists
- forging hospital partnerships that ensure equitable access to expertise
- implementing the latest disruptive technological game changers in the pathology industry.
The Laboratory Medicine Program, under Dr. Asa’s leadership, is revolutionizing the way pathology is practiced across Toronto, the province, country and ultimately, around the world. Watch the video to find out how.